Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IMC refusing connections on ENCS5408

Bodo Bellut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I trying to install an ENCS5408 but having trouble connecting to the IMC through HTTP. Connecting through SSH and serial works perfectly fine!

When connecting through HTTP, I get the login screen but after logging in with the default credentials, I get a popup message stating "The server does not appear to be responding. Please check that power is connected and that the Cisco IMC IP address is correct." (see attached screenshot).

Closing the message leaves me with an empty browser window.

The following information has been retrieved through SSH:

ENCS5408-FGL2352LACG# show chassis
Power Serial Number Product Name PID UUID
----- ------------- ------------- ----------------- ------------------------------------
on FGL2352LACG ENCS ENCS5408/K9 7C310ED3-3D30-0000-C354-9DAD3C2F621C

ENCS5408-FGL2352LACG# show cimc
Firmware Version Current Time
------------------------ ------------------------
3.2(7.20190318195737) Wed Jun 24 11:05:25 2020

ENCS5408-FGL2352LACG# show http
HTTP Port HTTPS Port Timeout Active Sessions Enabled HTTP Redirected
---------- ---------- -------- --------------- ------- ----------------
80 443 1800 1 yes yes

Am I missing a step or running into an IMC bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bodo Bellut
Level 1
Level 1

It turned out this is an incompatibility between this version of CIMC and Google Chrome. The CIMC works fine in Firefox and older versions of CIMC also work fine in Chrome.

This was confirmed by Cisco TAC.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

If you have physical access to the server, you might want to try resetting the CIMC to factory defaults, via the F8 CIMC setup menu that is available during POST time at bootup.  You will have to reapply the CIMC networking settings.

If you still see issues after this, check your upstream switch port this is connected to and make sure the speed/duplex match what the CIMC is set to.

If still seeing issues, then you may want to consider a HUU/firmware update, but as this is a specialized appliance, you will want to check with related forums for that technology or open a TAC case to see if a firmware update is supported with the appliance software that is loaded.

Kirk...

Hi,

unfortunately, I don't currently have physical access to the ENCS and won't probably be able to arrange this for a while.

That's why I need to get the IMC working.

As SSH, the HTTP redirect to HTTPS, and the HTTPS login form work fine, speed/duplex can be assumed to be correct. What's more, the IMC doesn't seem to have a way to even change speed/duplex.

This is set to the dedicated NIC in case that's important.

As I only have remote access right now I cannot reset the IMC to default settings. Any other idea what I could try?

You can try rebooting the CIMC, which would temporarily alleviate any memleak issues that might be involved.

If a CIMC restart doesn't work, then you might need to open a TAC case.

While these share the same type of CIMC/OOB mgmt, these are not UCS servers, and more of a switch/router.

You might want to post over in the one of the sub groups in https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking/ct-p/4461-network-infrastructure

Kirk...

I've now tried the IMC restart, unfortunately, the issues stays the same. I've posted this over in the network area as suggested. If that doesn't yield any new leads I'll raise it with TAC.

Bodo Bellut
Level 1
Level 1

It turned out this is an incompatibility between this version of CIMC and Google Chrome. The CIMC works fine in Firefox and older versions of CIMC also work fine in Chrome.

This was confirmed by Cisco TAC.

Same error for me. As there was no firefox installed on the server, I tried in IE and working fine.

Yes, there was an issue of chrome (compatibility). When I switched to Firefox browser it worked for me.

Yes, I changed google chrome to fireFox and I abled to logged in to the CIMC Server.
Thank you so much

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card