Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS B200 M5 Server CIMC Issue

d_ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I currently can't load up CIMC. When I enter the CIMC IP address via Cisco UCS Manager, it gives me the KVM console for the server and no option to enter the actual CIMC?

Many thanks for any advice.

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe because the browser used do not support Java and the CIMC is running a very old firmware that (still) uses Java.

Java is installed and working so shouldnt be the case

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The full CIMC GUI is only presented in standalone mode (i.e. no UCSM integration).

When rack server is in UCSM integration, the KVM functionality is the only thing presented via https when directly trying to access the IP assigned to the CIMC.

The rest of the functionality is provided by the UCSM GUI, such as access to alerts, SEL logs, hardware inventory, configuration via policies.

Kirk...

Thankyou. How do I access full CIMC in that case, is there a way to remove ucsm integration temporarily?

Many thanks

I'm making the assumption we are talking about a Rack server (i.e. C 240 m5).

What specific CIMC functionality in stand alone mode are you trying to access?

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

Its the Cisco B200 M5 blade server. Trying to get access to the virtual drives, shown in this video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=es00uvrBx4g

So that video referencing stand alone CIMC , only applies to a Rack server.

Blades can't exist outside of UCSM/Chassis.

You will need to use a local disk policy to create  a raid volume (i.e. raid 1 if you have 2 drives, raid 0 if just one drive, etc)

If the existing disks already have some left over config that are protected (meaning your local disk policy can't automatically overwrite them) you may need to leave the local disk policy as 'any config' for now, and manually delete the disk configuration from the POST/option ROM time LSI utility.  Once the disks are clear, you can reset the local disk policy to your intended one (raid 1, raid 0, etc)

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card