Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS C210 M2 Server crashes

Rasi Bala
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco UCS C210 M2 server with LSI Megaraid SAS 9261-8i with 5 300gb drive. My server hangs and crashes with blue screen. 

This started happening from 30th night after it got update of Windows patches &  LSI Megaraid driver / firmware updated.

When i power cycle the server manually i getting popup on the error message. The server works for 5 min and again crashes. 

i have attached the screen shot of the errors.

Any idea to solve this issues.

4 Replies 4

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rasi, can you describe the error you are getting in a bit of detail, To me it seems like you need to upgrade the firmware for the UCS manager or firmware upgrade the server. M2's are very old servers, Now we are in M4 world, You can consider upgrading firmware or refresh to latest server offering.

Let me know if this help or you need further details?

Hi Farhan,

Thanks for your help. Could you please help me on how to upgrade the firmware for server or UCS manager.

The screen shots i have attached show the error messages. what kind of error you wanted in detail.

Hi,

I have upgraded the server firmware from 1.1.1d to 1.4.3. still server crashes with blue fatal error screen.

Could you please let me know any chance to upgrade or downgrade the

LSI MegaRaid 9261-8i driver.

jonjorda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This does should like a driver related issue. You can verify driver interoperability here http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/ucs/interoperability/matrix/matrix.html If you are not running the recommend driver I'd recommend rolling back to the driver Cisco recommends. If the issue continues to happen open a TAC case to investigate.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card