Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS C22 M3 Corrupt BIOS

Hello, recently I installed the Zentyal OS on my server. It installed fine and booted properly. Then after a reboot the BIOS became corrupt.

I've reflashed the bios using the recovery.cap file with a USB Drive, and the issue still persists. When it turns on it first checks the memory, then checks platform hardware. Then it reboots and does the same thing.

Reflashing again doesn't solve anything and it goes back to the same problem.

I've put just one stick of working ram in it, the processor, and the power supply. Nothing else in to avoid failures anywhere else.

I'm really not sure where to turn from here, there's no CIMC capability or anything like that, just the standalone server.

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Darren Welcome to the Community!

When you say you have remove everything else to avoid issues, did you also remove the RAID controller too?

Where is the last point the server gets before the reboot? Is it always the same?

What is the CIMC firmware?

-Kenny

Yes, the RAID controller was removed as well.

It just says Configuring and Testing Memory, then Configuring and Testing Platform Hardware, then reboots. After so long of doing that it will go to a corrupt bios screen with the instructions for flashing a new bios with a recovery.cap file. I've done that several times to no avail.

I'm not sure on the CIMC because I can't through anything other than that boot loop. I flashed BIOS version 1.5.5 if that makes a difference though.

Thanks for the help.

Darren,

Please open a TAC case and if possible, post here the resolution for other users that may face this in the near future.

We will need to look at the show tech to see what is going on internally.

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card