cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO UCS C220 M3 CIMC version 2.0(13P) getting- Login failed. Verify that your username and password are correct. - even on Chrome...

ediab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 x C220M3 with CIMC version 2.0(13p) presenting same error at login, no matter the browser used.

also both refusing login via SSH ( login failed ).  

I have factory defaulted both servers and removed power cables out completely for few minutes and started all over again, still no change.

when I press F8 to configure the IP, I am first presented with password change Dialog so I changed the password from password to ( tried differed passwords few times to see if it makes a difference ), Lllllnnn where L=letter and N=number.

it accepts the new password and allow me into CIMC configuration, I input the IP details and save, afterwards I can ping IP sucessfully, but still cannot login.

has anyone come across this before?

3 Replies 3

ediab
Level 1
Level 1
I also tried changing the password via F8, then F1, Basic password parameter, did not help.
I noticed, when I type in the ip address in the browser and accept the security warning, the first screen displays "Session Expired" before I even type anything...

Thank you Leo,
I have already read this document and applied its content to no avail...
the 2 servers I have we factory defaulted, request me to change default password immediately after pressing F8 key and before it allow me to enter CIMC setup, if I do anything wrong here, I cannot proceed until the password is succesfully changed, once I change the password I get a reply new password accepted and server displays the CIMC setup screen, I then setup the CIMC as Dedicated, no redundancy, with IP in the 10 range, I then configure my laptop same range and enter ip in the browser, there does not matter what password I type for admin, I cannot login, I even after that go back to CIMC setting and change the basic password again... the problem is duplicated for SSH console as well....

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card