Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling LSI 9271 CacheCade in C420M3

CiscoNut2b
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a C420M3 standalone server with a Cisco (LSI) 9271-8i RAID controller.  Server and RAID controller is updated with the latest Server Firmware.

Via the RAID WebGUI, I see that all of the Advanced Software Options are installed (i.e. FastPath, CacheCade, etc.), but I can find no way of configuring/enabling it via the WebGUI.   All of the documents I can locate show enabling CacheCade using the Windows MegaRAID Manager, but I'm running vSphere 6 on the server, and not Windows.

I located a LSI MegaRAID SAS Software User Guide which gave the following command to enable it:

MegaCLI -CfgSscdAdd -Physdrv [E0:S0, ...] {-Name LdNameString] -aN | -a0,1,2 | -aALL

That same guide suggested that this needed to be run within the Pre-CLI Environment, which is reached via a CTRL-Y during POST.   Using the command syntax from above, I tried:

MegaCLI -CfgSscdAdd -Physdrv E0:S15  -Name CacheCade  -a0

But, it complains without much detail.  The only help I can find is a "-h -a0", but scrolls off the screen.

So, if I'm not running Windows, how do I go about enabling CacheCade?  My SSF SSD is located in the right-most drive slot (15 starting from 0).

Any help in enabling CacheCade would be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card