cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error setting up vm-fex on c-series UCS and UCSM

jamarkle
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to keep getting an error about SRIOV bios policy settings, or 'cannot derive mac address from virtual port' when i follow guides for setting up VM-FEX for ucsm and vmware 5.1.

Are there any fully-featured guides that go through more than just each 'side' of the configuration (ucsm or vmware)?

I want to know, from the beginning, what ucsm method i should use if i want ucsm to manage the vlan/dvs in vmware so that i dont' have to keep creating vlans in ucsm, adding them to service profiles, and then in vmware creating the vm networks for those vlans and finally assigning a vm to use that new vlan.

and then, assuming it's vm-fex, how to actually get that configured in ucsm and how to appropriately configure service profiles for that use.

when you integrate vmware and ucsm, should existing VMs show up in ucsm, or only after they are set to use the dvs?  All i see is the dvs and thos port profiles.

All the documentation i've found simply shows one 'part' of this whole setup, and i haven't been able to find a solution guide to describe how to configure the service profiles in ucsm to take advantage of vm-fex that work for me.....I keep getting the above mentioned errors when i try to associate the service profile with my ucs210 equipment.

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Resolved. 

Jason was using VM-Pass through adapter policy and didn't have his static vNICs properly configured.

Robert

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Resolved. 

Jason was using VM-Pass through adapter policy and didn't have his static vNICs properly configured.

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: