cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG

Dragomir
Level 1
Level 1

I see this under license management, general. and grace perios 120days. what does this mean? Also I do not see anything intalled under licenses. Does this mean I cannot use vm fex or 1000v?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

Nexus 1000v Essentials is free now. If you need some of the more advanced security features then you have to license the Advanced edition. It is licensed per ESXi host CPU. For either VM-FEX or Nexus 1000v you have to have vSphere Enterprise Plus licenses.

VM-FEX has always been free but still requires vSphere Enterprise Plus licenses.

As for the port licensing;

6120s come with 8 licensed ports out of the box and any expansion module comes with licenses

6140s come with 16 licensed ports out of the box and any expansion module comes with licenses

6248s come with 12 licensed ports out of the box, if you have the optional 16 port expansion module you get 8 more licenses.

6296s come with 18 licensed ports out of the box, if you have the optional 16 port expansion modules you get 8 more licenes for each one.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_01101.html#concept_02B3BE130EA54738A97CB23D97198B78

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vek64gware
Level 1
Level 1

UCS is licensed only for ports, nothing else.

To be able implement VM-FEX or 1000v you will need enterprise plus license for VMWare.

I'm not aware of any licensing restrictions to configure VM-FEX on KVM or Hyper-V.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

Nexus 1000v Essentials is free now. If you need some of the more advanced security features then you have to license the Advanced edition. It is licensed per ESXi host CPU. For either VM-FEX or Nexus 1000v you have to have vSphere Enterprise Plus licenses.

VM-FEX has always been free but still requires vSphere Enterprise Plus licenses.

As for the port licensing;

6120s come with 8 licensed ports out of the box and any expansion module comes with licenses

6140s come with 16 licensed ports out of the box and any expansion module comes with licenses

6248s come with 12 licensed ports out of the box, if you have the optional 16 port expansion module you get 8 more licenses.

6296s come with 18 licensed ports out of the box, if you have the optional 16 port expansion modules you get 8 more licenes for each one.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_01101.html#concept_02B3BE130EA54738A97CB23D97198B78

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card