Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Interconnect Console and SSH Session Timeouts

How do I configure timeouts for the console port and SSH sessions for the Fabric Interconnects (6332)? Also, is there a way to limit the number of SSH login attempt to 3?

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The underlying NXOS allows a 'ssh login-attempts' setting  and Config\line vty\exec-timeout in UCSM debug mode, but this doesn't help you.

I only see the web interface timeout config parameters.

There was on older enhancement request for the cli timeout, that was not implemented.

Both of these are very valid items that probably should be there.

I will file enhancement requests for both of those.

Thanks,

Kirk...

I set the web interface timeout settings as well, but they don't seem to be working either. What config parameters do I need to set for HTTPS timeout?

And yes, I agree, ssh login attempts need to be able to be configured. We need them at 3 failed for our compliance. The cli timeout works for a single session (terminal session-timeout <sec>) but I failed trying to implement it globally for all sessions. Let me know if this changes in a future release.

Hi,

I m also facing the same challenge for configuring idle session timeout on 6248up console port. Can you please advise if this settings are available for the same switch.

Filed enhancement CSCvv15882 requesting this.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card