Hello! I'm happy to help you with your Cisco UCS-E140D-M1/K9 issues. Let's start with the factory reset process. Please follow these steps to perform a factory reset:
1. Connect to the UCS-E server through the CIMC (Cisco Integrated Management Controller) interface. You can do this by connecting a PC to the management port on the server and setting a static IP address on the PC in the same subnet as the CIMC's default IP (usually 192.168.x.x).
2. Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the CIMC in the address bar. The default username and password are "admin" and "password" respectively.
3. Once logged in to the CIMC, click on the "Admin" tab.
4. In the left-hand menu, click on "Backup and Import."
5. In the "Backup and Import" section, click on the "Restore" tab.
6. Choose "Reset to Factory Defaults" from the "Restore Type" dropdown menu.
7. Click on the "Restore" button to initiate the factory reset process.
Please note that this will erase all configuration and data on the server, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding.
Feel free to ask any follow-up questions or provide more information about the specific issues you're encountering, and I'll do my best to help you resolve them.
This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.