Views
Helpful
Replies

Ucsm

Amr samy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys 

I need your support urgently i'm new user in ucsm i have add static ip for the servers through equipment-inventory-cimc - modify outpand ip and add static ip for each server 

Now i need to delete those static ip becase i have confiugred ip pool with same ip adresses. So i need to remove the assigned static ip 

I tries to navigate to this path but i cannot found it in ucsm GUI 

Sys/rack-unit-1/mgmt/ipv4-static

How can i find this path or how can i delete the assgined static ip adress to avoid cimc conflict ip 

Thanks

1 Reply 1

To delete the assigned static IP addresses for your servers in UCSM, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to the UCS Manager GUI.
2. On the left side navigation pane, click on the "Servers" tab.
3. Expand the "Servers" tree, and then expand "Service Profiles" to locate the service profile associated with the server for which you want to remove the static IP.
4. Right-click the service profile and select "Disassociate Service Profile" to disassociate the server from the service profile. This will revert the server to use its default IP address settings and will no longer use the static IP address.
5. After disassociating the service profile, you can now delete the static IP address from the service profile. To do this, right-click the service profile again and select "Modify Service Profile" or "Configure CIMC".
6. In the "Modify Service Profile" or "Configure CIMC" window, navigate to the Mgmt IP Address section or IPv4 Static IP section, and then delete the static IP address that you previously assigned.
7. Click "Save" or "OK" to save the changes, and then re-associate the service profile with the server.

Now, the server should use the IP address from the IP pool without any conflicts.

If you need to remove the static IP address for multiple servers or service profiles, you can use the same steps as above, but perform them for each server or service profile that has a static IP address assigned.

Please note that disassociating and re-associating the service profile might cause the server to reboot, so ensure you schedule a maintenance window for this task.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: