cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory reset UCS-E140D-M1/K9

pianopete99
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon. I will start by apologizing if my formatting or target audience has been miscalculated, as I am new to this platform.

Secondly, I would like to state that I am in dire need of help in this area.

Background information: I have a Cisco UCS-E140D-M1/K9, I have no business connections, accounts or licenses. I have watched video on video, read tech sheet upon tech sheet, and continue to run into more and more walls. I was able to climb some walls and made great progress but I really just need help. A person to talk to that is even somewhat knowledgeable in the area of UCS's. I am professional, I am willing to talk on any platform of your choice but please if there is anyone out there willing for me to ask a few questions back and fourth about simple problems with this device it would be greatly appreciated. I truly am desperate and have no where to turn to. 

At this point I really just need to factory reset the server, if there is anyone willing to point me to resources or anything at all I would greatly appreciate your time and effort.

1 Reply 1

Hello! I'm happy to help you with your Cisco UCS-E140D-M1/K9 issues. Let's start with the factory reset process. Please follow these steps to perform a factory reset:

1. Connect to the UCS-E server through the CIMC (Cisco Integrated Management Controller) interface. You can do this by connecting a PC to the management port on the server and setting a static IP address on the PC in the same subnet as the CIMC's default IP (usually 192.168.x.x).

2. Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the CIMC in the address bar. The default username and password are "admin" and "password" respectively.

3. Once logged in to the CIMC, click on the "Admin" tab.

4. In the left-hand menu, click on "Backup and Import."

5. In the "Backup and Import" section, click on the "Restore" tab.

6. Choose "Reset to Factory Defaults" from the "Restore Type" dropdown menu.

7. Click on the "Restore" button to initiate the factory reset process.

Please note that this will erase all configuration and data on the server, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions or provide more information about the specific issues you're encountering, and I'll do my best to help you resolve them.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card