cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get report output via an API call

nathan.j.slinn
Level 1
Level 1

I've been working with REST API calls via UCSd, and I've been able to get details of reports (report names, reports produced etc) via the API calls but I've not been able to get actual report data. Is this possible? If so what API call do I need to be running?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

philrobins
Level 1
Level 1

Do you mean the reports ie every page available within UCSD?  So for example to go look at the page Virtual -> Compute ->vDCs  this page is a report - if you enable the Report Metadata option in admin -> Advanced ->Enable Developer Menu you can click the report Metadata option in your target report page - the REST API URL is at the button - you can use this in in Firefox's RESTClient and follow the UCSD guide at Cisco UCS Director REST Developer Guide, Release 5.0 - Getting Started [Cisco UCS Director] - Cisco

you need to add the header  X-Cloupia-Request-Key and the value of the API key in your admin menu - and content_type application/json to the RESTClient - you can add this to Firefox at RESTClient, a debugger for RESTful web services. :: Add-ons for Firefox

Good luck with it

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your prompt response, what I'm trying to do is run and obtain output from the reports listed in the CloudSense/Report Builder section. I can get a list of those reports, but not their output via API calls so far.

With regards to your suggestion of using the Report Metadata option, I did give this a try. While I am able to run other API calls using my Admin account I get an error message suggesting I don't have sufficient permissions (REMOTE_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: No such resource exists or user does not have access privileges).

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card