Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hanging during CIMC / HUU setup

I have two C220-M3 servers and I am experiencing this on both, so I have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong.  Right now, on both servers, when I boot them to the initial screen "Press <F2> to enter setup, <F6> Boot Menu, <F8> CIMC Config, <F12> Network Boot" and I select any option, I get the "Entering XXXXX..." (depending on which option I select), but it will just hang there for about 10 minutes, then reboot with no error message.

These servers can with BIOS 1.4.7b.  The second one always responded as described above.  However, the first server did allow me to get into uprade utility, and I updated BIOS and CIMC (BIOS is 1.4.6a now.  Don't know about CIMC).  I also configured CIMC with an IP address, (However, not a local IP address; This server will be racked in a different branch.)  But after that, when I tried to get back into HUU, I got a MegaRAID error that the "USB Cache Device is Not Responding".  I reseated both riser cards, and now I get the same problem that I am on the other server.

Also, while waiting for TAC to call me back, I noticed that the servers will reboot at the main screen even if I don't select an option.  I am thinking bad hardware, but, if so, how on earth did I get into HUU and CIMC config in the first place?

Chris

2 Replies 2

derekdoucette
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris:

Did you ever find resolution for this?  I have a c220 doing the same thing.

Hardware replacement from Cisco.  It seems that some of the early C220 M3's had bad controller cards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card