cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I disable onboard 10G interface on C-Series server, when using vSphere6.5U1?

ishin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm an tech sales.

My customer considers if he purchase C240M5 for virtualization servers and aske me how to disable onboard 10G interface on C240M5. The following Vmware site shows vSphere 6.5U1 configuration limit as below:

vSphere 6.5 Update 1 Configuration Maximums - ESXi Host Maximums ( Networking Maximums )
https://configmax.vmware.com/guest?vmwareproduct=vSphere&release=vSphere%206.5%20Update%201&categories=2-0

=================================

Physical NICs
igbn 1 Gb Ethernet ports (Intel)

Physical NICs
Combination of 10 Gb and 1 Gb ethernet ports

Sixteen 10 GB and four 1 GB ports

=================================

He'd like to use eight 1Gb ports by inserting two I350 cards in a server, and won't use onboard NICs.

Can you tell me how to do that? Can he just do by disabling "LOM Port x OptionROM" option in BIOS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to disable actual LOM ports (not just the option rom) in the same area of the CIMC advanced BIOS settings.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to disable actual LOM ports (not just the option rom) in the same area of the CIMC advanced BIOS settings.

Kirk...

Thanks, Kirk. I confirmed "All Onboard LOM Ports" option in the BIOS Advanced Settings. Will advice to our partner guy.

Regards,

Shin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card