Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I change the IP of a Hyperflex Witness VM

Owk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We need to move the Witness VM to another site and according to Cisco article we need Cisco TAC to facilliate the IP address changes. Could anyone confirm this?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/hyperconverged_systems/HyperFlex_HX_DataPlatformSoftware/Cisco_HXDataPlatform_RN_4_0.html#id_113181

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I wouldn't bother trying to back it up, or any of your storage controller guestVMs.

If the VM became corrupted for some reason, we would simply have you redeploy a fresh witness VM/.ova, with same IP, and there are a couple of configuration files to copy from one of your other storage controllers.  

This is something you would need to have TAC involved with, but it doesn't take much time.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is an enhancement request for that (https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq56971)

Currently that would require redeployment of the cluster.

In upcoming HX 4.5 release we expect that to be an option (ability to change without requiring cluster redeployment)..

Kirk...

Owk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kirk,

Thanks! What about if we want to backup the witness VM for contingency plan before a migration? Are there any steps we can perform to back up and restore the witness VMs?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I wouldn't bother trying to back it up, or any of your storage controller guestVMs.

If the VM became corrupted for some reason, we would simply have you redeploy a fresh witness VM/.ova, with same IP, and there are a couple of configuration files to copy from one of your other storage controllers.  

This is something you would need to have TAC involved with, but it doesn't take much time.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card