Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access CIMC after Server Associated to UCSM

ADC Lane
Level 1
Level 1

Dear  Experts,

As title, I have question about CIMC of server after it associated to UCSM, Is it possible access CIMC ?

And in my case, I can not see any IP of CIMC in UCSM.

(I am using UCS C series , UCSM v4.3)

Thank you in advance !

ADCLane_2-1697008260874.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say "access CIMC" what do you mean? CLI access or web access or KVM access?

In general accessing CIMC isn't needed (much) once a server is UCSM integrated as UCSM should be doing anything you need to do to CIMC.

CIMC can be assigned an IP address by adding IP addresses to IP Pool named "ext-mgmt".

Just create a block of IPs (in the same subnet as your FI management port) and each servers CIMC should get one of those IPs. Once an IP is assigned, simply right-click a server and select [KVM Console].

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say "access CIMC" what do you mean? CLI access or web access or KVM access?

In general accessing CIMC isn't needed (much) once a server is UCSM integrated as UCSM should be doing anything you need to do to CIMC.

CIMC can be assigned an IP address by adding IP addresses to IP Pool named "ext-mgmt".

Just create a block of IPs (in the same subnet as your FI management port) and each servers CIMC should get one of those IPs. Once an IP is assigned, simply right-click a server and select [KVM Console].

Hi @Steven Tardy 

Thank you so much, I understood,

After Server is integrated in UCSM, I can access by KVM and do task as do in CIMC !

UCS world is very new for me. A a lot concept and difference ! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card