cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable SNMP on ESXi in B200M2 blade?

robin99
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to setup snmp configuration for ESXi 4.1 that is installed in B200M2 blade but failed. I have the vSphere CLI installed in my computer (Win XP), but the 'vicfg-snmp.pl" CLI command is not recognised either from console or SSH. Can anyone enlighten me how to fix this? Thanks guys.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No if you installed vCLI on your local workstation you launch it locally.  Should be under program files -> Vmware -> Vmware vSphere vCLI - Command Prompt

From here you can run your perl scripts after changing to the /bin folder.

Full usage of the snmp script is found here:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1008065

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robin,

When running the command from vCLI, did you change the path to the correct directory?

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI\bin

Robert

Hi Robert, I never changed the default path. Would  I need to mount my local drive in order to read the command? thanks

No if you installed vCLI on your local workstation you launch it locally.  Should be under program files -> Vmware -> Vmware vSphere vCLI - Command Prompt

From here you can run your perl scripts after changing to the /bin folder.

Full usage of the snmp script is found here:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1008065

Regards,

Robert

Thanks Rob,

Finally I am able to execute that command. The problem was due to non Administrator rights in my command prompt. Once I run as Admin, all good.

Good to hear.  I always take for granted my accounts launch as admin - that's definately a requirement.

Enjoy!

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: