cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to move a standalone Cisco C series to UCS managed service profile without losing data?

Adrian Sutton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently have a standalone cisco C series server with Windows 2012 installed on the local disks.  We need to move this server to Cisco UCS managed with a service profile but cannot lose the existing data and OS boot method.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adrian,

To be able to accomplish this set the local disk policy to "Any Configuration"  this way UCSM  won't overwrite the current raid configuration on the server. 

See link below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_011110.html#task_897FABF194524BDF8C0EF72E755972F0

Let it me know if this helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adrian,

To be able to accomplish this set the local disk policy to "Any Configuration"  this way UCSM  won't overwrite the current raid configuration on the server. 

See link below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_011110.html#task_897FABF194524BDF8C0EF72E755972F0

Let it me know if this helps

Hi Manuel,

Sorry it's taken so long but we finally got around to moving the Cisco C series from standalone to UCS management and you information was perfect.

Migration completed without any issues

Thanks

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I am glad I was able to help you.

Hi,

Do you know if is possible to have a C-Series boot from SAN (FC) just like a blade. The server would be integrated in a UCS domain.

Sorry to hijack the discussion :)

Thanks

Hi Manuel,

Sorry it's taken so long but we finally got around to moving the Cisco C series from standalone to UCS management and you information was perfect.

Migration completed without any issues

Thanks

Adrian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card