Views
Helpful
Replies

HyperFlex Node - Moving Server Port from 10g to 40g on Fabric Interconnect

Xdxb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a situation that we have to move one of our hyperflex nodes servers ports from 10g to 40g on same fabric interconnect (6332-16UP).

Is it possible to move servers ports on hyperflex infra?

Is there any impact on HX DP if we move servers ports? as service profile may have to update.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would think all you would need to do is decommission the server, change the ports, and re-ack/rediscover the server.  There is nothing that should change from the service profile perspective.

If you are only doing this for one server, then you are going to create a situation where one server has the capacity to send more traffic at  40Gb than the other nodes can receive at at 10Gb, and may get rx_no_buf type drops on the 10Gb based systems.

You really want your nodes to have identical connectivity.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Server ID is tied to the serial # , so the rack server ID will not change.

You can change the server # IDs while they are in the decomissioned tab, if you needed to.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would think all you would need to do is decommission the server, change the ports, and re-ack/rediscover the server.  There is nothing that should change from the service profile perspective.

If you are only doing this for one server, then you are going to create a situation where one server has the capacity to send more traffic at  40Gb than the other nodes can receive at at 10Gb, and may get rx_no_buf type drops on the 10Gb based systems.

You really want your nodes to have identical connectivity.

Kirk...

Thanks Kirk,

when we re-ack the server, will it identify as new server ID or server ID will not get change?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Server ID is tied to the serial # , so the rack server ID will not change.

You can change the server # IDs while they are in the decomissioned tab, if you needed to.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card