Replies

IMC Supervisor lost eth0

aagaard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a IMC supervisor installation running 2.2.0.6

It has lost eth0, which is the appliance primary interface

when i try to configure eth0 the message is "Device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization"

Could look like this scenario https://www.ostechnix.com/solve-device-eth0-not-seem-present-delaying-initialization-error/

But this is not on a Cisco Appliance.

Does anyone have a supported solution for this scenario on a IMC Supervisor Appliance?

Kind Regards 

Michael

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was this an existing installation that has been up an working for a while?

Can you check the guestVM level for the nic, and make sure it still exists at the guestVM config level, and that it's enabled?

As the article you referenced mentioned, check the eth0 interface file for mac address, and then see if that matches the guestVM nic level mac.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk

Thanks for reply

Yes, the installation have been running for severel years

Yes there is a network card on the VM guest in Hyper-V manager

i have tried following the article and ediring the ifcfg-eth0 file adding the mac address, but with no change

most of the commands in the article does not work in the appliance

when i run the display network details i only see the loopback interface

when i try to configure the network it ends with:

Bringing up interface eth0: Device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

FAILED

Any surgestions to how to proceed

Kind regards 

Michael

I suppose you could try deleting the guestVM NIC device, and recreating it (taking note of the original's config), but I would check with IMC SUP TAC support at this point.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk

Thanks again

I have tried  det different possiblities for removing and adding nic to the VM, with no result.

I have installed a new appliance, and i think i am gone go with this as a new install

Opservation regarding the mac address in the ifcfg-eth0 file, there is no mac address in the file in a new install, so that is not the failure

Kind regards 

Michael

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card