Helpful
Replies

kvm and vm tab is not available in kvm console of cimc

boonhine79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guy ,

Good day !

Today , i am spending whole day in looking the solution for this , but it was a bad day for me .I was accessing the cimc of the cisco UCS 220 M3 server and when i clicked on the kvm console button from the CIMC panel page , the kvm and vm tab is not showing up on kvm console page . When i clicked on the virtual media from the menu , it is only create image and activate vm media , there is no "add image" option available for me to upload the vmware ISO image to the server .

i have tried to update the firmware for CIMC as well as the BIOS , but no luck for me . Appreciate if anyone can help me on this !

Attached is the CIMC version detail to share with you

Thank

Vilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you click on activate do you see a check mark next to it (see screenshot attached)?

Try doing a full power cycle of the box by removing the power cables for about 3 minutes.

Did you try different computers?

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

At the top of the KVM... go to Virtual Media and then "Activate virtual devices", hit on Virtual Media again and this time you will have more options to map your .iso image... choose "map CD/DVD"

HTH,

-Kenny

Hi Kenny ,

Thank for your message . Actually I did tried with what you have suggested ,but unfortunately there are no others option others than activate Virtual Media and Create Image .  I just read the forum , someone commented it may be due to Java issue .I updated the Java and but the issue still remain .... :(

When you click on activate do you see a check mark next to it (see screenshot attached)?

Try doing a full power cycle of the box by removing the power cables for about 3 minutes.

Did you try different computers?

Hi Manuel, 

The issue has been resolved by using another laptop . It is due to the Java issue . The old PC (the one having issue ) with unknown reason keep triggering the old java version which caused the kvm console failed to display correctly  (even I have updated the Java application ,but it still triggered the old java to be run ). Today I tried with another laptop ,it is working perfectly.  

Thank you guy for assisting me on this ,really appreciated! 

Thank 

Vilson 

Great I am glad this issue is now resolved.

What version of java fixed this?? I am having a similar issue.

Mark

Is a Java issue but I am not aware of any cisco bugs about it... what Java version are you using? And do you still get this issue from any PC?

-Kenny

I've tried Java 6 Update 14, Java 7 update 21 & 25, Java 8 Update 66, 108, and 111 since other's have stated that resolved the issue for them, but I've been unsuccessful in resolving the issue.

I've also tried on IE, Firefox, and Chrome to no avail.

while another laptop is available to me, I'd prefer to fix this issue on the machine I use daily.

Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.

I too would like to know a Java version 7 that is compatible to be able to use the "add image".   Waiting for updated contracts to open a TAC case on this.

Have you tried to use others machine (pc or laptop ) to try it ? I believe Most of the recent Java are compatible .The only concern is the Java that installed on your current machine are not installed properly (corrupted partially) .

Yes, I spun up a new Windows 7 machine just for this and installed Java 7 25.   KVM works but unable to use the "add media" function to mount the HUU .iso to upgrade the firmware.

My issue was resolved when we updated the chassis from 2.2(3c) to 2.2(6c) per TAC.  I am currently able to run the latest Java ver 8 update 66 without any issues.

Mark

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card