Views
Helpful
Replies

KVM Console - Connection Failed

ignacio.perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to KVM Console but I'm getting "Connection failed".

I've read the other posts in the forum with the same problem but I can't solve it.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, from my experience, that new version of Java have some security settings which are really strict and much different in relationship with older version of Java.

So I recommend to you that you completely uninstall that version of Java and try with some older version - ie 1.7 or 1.6 on that machine.

If you have proper network connectivity to CIMC - KVM console should work without problem.

HTH,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Dragan Ilic
Level 4
Level 4

What version of Java you have on that machine from which you are trying to start KVM console?

BR,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Java 8 Update 31

Well, from my experience, that new version of Java have some security settings which are really strict and much different in relationship with older version of Java.

So I recommend to you that you completely uninstall that version of Java and try with some older version - ie 1.7 or 1.6 on that machine.

If you have proper network connectivity to CIMC - KVM console should work without problem.

HTH,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Hi,

I've uninstalled Java 8 and installed Java 7, and now KVM Console is working but I have another problem, I can only connect to KVM of one of my two blade server. I'm trying to ping the two servers but I only have response from one.

I don't know where is the problem.

You have to check network settings and all the CIMC settings of the unresponsive server...search cisco.com on how to do that.

BR,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Ignacio,

can you confirm both the servers have a management IP assigned?  Go to the server> inventory< CIMC and check if there is an IP assigned to CIMC.... if it has an IP, try to ping it; if there's no IP assigned to it, go to the LAN tab and look for the ext-mgmt-ip address pool and be sure you have IPs avail for the server.

With that said, are you trying to ping the CIMC IP, the  Service profile IP or the Operating System's IP?

-Kenny

Hi,

Finally I can connect to both servers, the problem was that I only had the MGMT0 port of Fabric A connected to the switch. I've connected MGMT0 from Fabric B to my switch and now is all ok.

Thanks for all!

Please mark your question as answered for future users to see you resolved your issue.

Thanks in advanced,

-Kenny

SriramVS62525
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the fix suggested here & unfortunately it did not solve my problem :-). However, I tried the following steps as a part of my own troubleshooting & was able to get the issue resolved. So, If the fix suggested here does not help to resolve your issue, Please try the below steps.

KVM Console is not Working

• Make a note of the service profile template the service profile is attached to.
  • Unbind the service profile template from service profile. Now you will notice the Change Management IP address option will get highlighted.
  • Click Change the Management IP address and choose static instead of esx-mgmt. Enter an unused ip address from the esx-mgmt pool. [Better to choose an ip address on the far range.] Eg:
    10.x.x.233
    255.x.x.x
    10.x.x.1.
    Click OK & close the Window.
  • Now when you launch KVM console, you will notice 2 options namely
    open KVM console with the given static IP or
    with derived IP address from the pool.
    you will be able to open KVM console with either of them.
  • Click Change the Management IP address once again & this time choose esx-mgmt instead of static and Click OK. Close the Window.
  • Check if KVM console is working again.
  • Bind the service profile back to the same service profile template & close.

Thanks ! ! 

Sriram V S

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card