cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

link aggregation in ucs servers

raven428c
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Is it possible to aggregate links in UCS manager to get single link speed more than 10gbps on each server? How can I do it? I can build bond interface on linux, which installed on server. But what should I do in UCS manager?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, the link-aggregation (port-channel) can be configured between the FI and IOM if you have second generation FI/IOM and configure the port-channel under Equipment>Equipment>Policies>Global Policies>Chassis discovery policy.

So pretty much, you do the link-aggregation at the OS level and then move to UCS as described above but it will provide a port-channel for the whole path (IOM to FI)

HTH,

-Kenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Trying to get this clarified...are you trying to create a port-channel from your server's interfaces all the way to the upstream switch that gives LAN connectivity to your Linux machine?

-Kenny

Yes, somthing like this. In general, I would like to get more than 10gbps single interface on the single server in UCS domain on Linux machine. One of way is bond interface, so it need to be configured on both sides: Linux machine and fabrics. But i did not found how to configure link aggregation for single server, only to chassis.

Correct, the link-aggregation (port-channel) can be configured between the FI and IOM if you have second generation FI/IOM and configure the port-channel under Equipment>Equipment>Policies>Global Policies>Chassis discovery policy.

So pretty much, you do the link-aggregation at the OS level and then move to UCS as described above but it will provide a port-channel for the whole path (IOM to FI)

HTH,

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card