Views
Helpful
Replies

LSI 1064E Raid card recovery

sunhingindustry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i got a UCS C200-M2 with an additional LSI 1064E raid card, the storage has been build as Raid 0+1 with 4 500GB SATA HDD, i try to simulate a disk failure situation, which is swap one HDD with a brand new HDD. The raid card can detect the new HDD and shows its not inside the raid. my problem is, it wont rebuild automatically, also i cant find any option for me to rebuild or sync the raid with the new HDD. Anyone can give me a help with this problem? Thanks a lot.

B.R.

Alan

1 Reply 1

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alan,

I don't believe that is an accurate test.  The LSI controller did not mark the drive you're removing as "bad" and therefore the rebuild will not be automatic.  To simulate your test, you would need to go into the LSI BIOS or load the windows SAS utility and force the array to rebuild the array on the new drive.

If you had a actual "drive failure" the array would mark the disk as failed, and any replacement disks (brand new) would initiate an auto-rebuild task.

Here's the LSI User guide for reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/3rd-party/lsi/irsas/userguide/LSI_IR_SAS_UG.pdf

Regards,

Robert

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card