Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

M2 Hardware Raid

Hi Team,

I need a clarification on M2 HW raid configuration. 

I have a blade with already Installed ESXi on SSD Drives with M2 HW raid with storage profile configuration. I was trying to disassociate the profile and try with the different template with the same storage profile configuration. But while binding to the new template with same boot order & storage profile configuration I am getting an error saying insufficient disk errors.

When I removed the already installed Virtual Lun from the blade and try associate . It works. 

Why is the HW / Blade not accepting the same profile with different template which has same configuration.

ErrorError

2 Replies 2

ITM-Team
Level 1
Level 1

I would guess it is due to your storage policy respectively the Disk Group Configuration. Do you allow JBOD disks?

itmi11team_0-1706782152929.png

Which state do your SSDs have after removing the Virtual LUN?

Hi, 

Yes, I allowed JBOD in Disk Group Configuration. However, I found the issue. 

Looks like Storage Profile Has been created twice with 2 different names (for example A & B Profile) but, with same parameters enabled. Each Profile has assigned with its own Service Profile Template. When I switch the SP from one template (having A profile) to another template (having B Profile), this error occurred. whereas when I switch the SP from one template (having A profile) to another template (having A profile) there is no error, and it was working as expected.

So, I am removing all SP dependent with B profile and make only on A profile.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card