cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify VLANs on vNIC templates used in a LAN Connectivity Policy

rick b
Level 1
Level 1

I have several service profiles that were deployed from a template that in turn uses a LAN connectivity policy that includes vNICs from several vNIC templates (these are ESXi hosts).  I needed to add to the VLAN list on a couple of the vNICs so I did so on the vNIC templates and it completed without any problems.  However, the LAN connectivity policy does not reflect the changes made to the vNIC templates.  Consequently, the service profiles that use the LAN connectivity policy have not been updated.  Since the vNICs are managed via vNIC templates in a LAN connectivity policy, I cannot add the new VLAN directly to the vNICs on the service profile.

How can I modify the LAN connectivity policy so that it reflects the new VLANs.  I see where I can modify the entries in the LAN connectivity policy, but I don't see where I can add or change the VLANs associated with those entries.  I'm thinking that If I clear and re-check the box to "Use vNIC Template" (making sure the correct template is listed in the drop-down box), it will simply update the policy without interruption.  However, I cannot chance changing this on the fly, not knowing what affect it will have.  Does anyone have experience with this?

I have a feeling that I'm missing something simple here.  Any help would be appreciated.

-Rick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rick,

Can you confirm if this is an updating service profile template or initial template you are using?

Thanks,

Wes

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rick,

Can you confirm if this is an updating service profile template or initial template you are using?

Thanks,

Wes

Well that's embarrassing.  :)

The vNIC template was set to an initial template, not an updating template.  I Changed it to updating and the VLANs populate correctly.

Thanks for the hint!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card