Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor Blade from SNMP

vreddyc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have added FI clustered IP but I can able to monitor only Power supply, Links, Temperature sensors, Fans i can see only six numbers our blade has 8 Fans. Is it possible to monitor UCS blade status like Alerts, Faults, IOM Modules Status using SNMP?

2 Replies 2

seanatcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can setup SNMP traps to Under the admin tab.

Step 1  In the Navigation pane, click the Admin tab.
Step 2  On the Admin tab, expand All > Communication Management > Communication Services.
Step 3  Select the Communication Services tab.
Step 1  In the Navigation pane, click the Admin tab.
Step 2  On the Admin tab, expand All > Communication Management > Communication Services.
Step 3  Select the Communication Services tab.

Reference

Going to be frank through SNMP consumption is going to be highly dependent on your monitoring tool. UCS Central is another option for you as well.

If your scripting it the UCS PowerTool is a great option as well from a daily operation perspective.

Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have not seen it, I reccommend you check out the UCS Monitoring Tech Talk which is available here:

UCS Tech Talk: Demystifying Monitoring for Cisco UCS Manager and Standalone C-Series Servers

Note; THis is a one-hour session that walks through our fault architecture and we demonstrate SNMP.

Another good resource is our Monitoring Handbook which is available here:

Cisco UCS Monitoring Resource Handbook

Note: This guide includes best practices, etc.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card