cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

on VIF paths of vfc's(Error Disabled - VLAN L2 down on Eth interface)

Gonuguntla Gopi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

There are total 8 servers configured with same SP template...& Windows 2012 is being installed. Out of which 5 servers vfc interfaces are showing the below error:

FI-EXCHG-A(nxos)# show int vfc 963
vfc963 is down (Error Disabled - VLAN L2 down on Eth interface)
Bound interface is Vethernet9155
Port description is server 1/7, VHBA fc0
Hardware is Ethernet
Port WWN is 23:c2:00:de:fb:2b:e6:ff
Admin port mode is F, trunk mode is on
snmp link state traps are enabled
Port vsan is 100
1 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 bytes/sec, 0 frames/sec
1 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 bytes/sec, 0 frames/sec
0 frames input, 0 bytes
0 discards, 0 errors
0 frames output, 0 bytes
0 discards, 0 errors

Although i tried rebooting, resetting DCE Interface etc...But there is no luck.

Please help me with a solution.

Regards,
Gopi G

7 Replies 7

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

It sounds like your upstream zoning is not correct. I would follow this document and double check everything:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-b-series-blade-servers/115764-ucs-san-tshoot-00.html

HTH,

Wes

Dear Wesley,

Thanks for the quick response  & info.. When i checked the flogi table in the Fabric Interconnect. I am able to see only the 3 servers wwpn nos out of 8 in both the FI's.

For other 5 servers it is showing that vfc paths are error disabled & down.

Zoning on MDS is a later part. fc Port channels are up & running .

Please help me with best method to resolve this issue.

Hello,

Can you attempt to decom and re-ack one of the blades in questions and see if this resolves the status?

-Wes

Wesley,

Did all the options available..But the luck is not in my favour. Did resetting of DCE.vHBA etc.. Any other options.. ?

Hi Gonuguntla,

How did you solve this issue?

Greetings.

That error can show up sometimes after a FI reboot, where the vHBAs/vFCs try to come online before the FC uplinks are back online to allow pinning.  I've also had a few cases where there was no reboot involved but the vHBAs seem to have an issue with their programming config.

As Wes previously suggested, a decom and re-ack will usually correct this issue.  If your service profiles are not bound to an updating template, you can also try changing the assigned VSAN to something else, save, and then set it back to your original VSAN, and that may correct the vHBA condition.

Thanks,

Kirk...

It's connectivity issue to the uplink LAN & SAN Switches. I have asked ground team to do the proper connectivity. Post that issue got solved.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card