Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping VLANs in a shared infrastructure

Robert Wortmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we're hosting a shared customer platform on a pair of fabric interconnects. All ESXi Hosts (5.5) are running on blade servers. The IOMs are connected via Port-Channel to the FI's. The FI's themselves are connected to a pair of Nexus 6000 Switches via vPC. Now we have a big problem: a customer want to have the same VLAN ID as a other customer which is also using blades which are connected to the FI's. Both of them have their own Service-Profiles and ESXi's but we're really stucking figuring out what to do. We want to give both customers the option to use their VLAN's but for sure we want to seperate their traffic as well.

As far as I know, there's currently no technique in Cisco UCS like VLAN Rewriting oder qinq. I even read that disjoint L2 networks aren't supporting any overlapping VLANs.

Is there any other way to solve the problem?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

I dont think we have a solution for that... even private vlans should have the same issue (afaik)

-Kenny

ACI would be a perfect solution, see www.cisco.com/go/aci

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have to agree with Keny on this one this is not supported, there wouldn't be any way around this. If you have any other questions though we would be glad to help.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card