cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Powertool to change the system Name

hung.pham13
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use powertool to change system name for C Series UCS.

I have looked at Set-IMCtopSystem and Set-IMCManagedObject.

When i tried the IMCManagedObject with propertymap name=myname it errors out.

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Hung Pham,

You can't change the System Name it is a read-only parameter. If you are looking at adding a name there are 2 options either use AssetTag (which is available from Cisco IMC 3.0(1) release and above) or Set User Label.

To set the asset tag for the system use the below cmdlet.

Get-ImcRackUnit | Set-ImcRackUnit -AssetTag "TestAssetTag" -Force

You can add a user label for the system to do that you can use the below cmdlet.

Get-ImcRackUnit | Set-ImcRackUnit -UsrLbl "Testing setting of User Label" -Force

If you want to set the Hostname for the Cisco IMC then you can use the below cmdlet.

Get-ImcMgmtIf | Set-ImcMgmtIf -Hostname "Test-Hostname" -Force

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Sumanth

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Hung Pham,

You can't change the System Name it is a read-only parameter. If you are looking at adding a name there are 2 options either use AssetTag (which is available from Cisco IMC 3.0(1) release and above) or Set User Label.

To set the asset tag for the system use the below cmdlet.

Get-ImcRackUnit | Set-ImcRackUnit -AssetTag "TestAssetTag" -Force

You can add a user label for the system to do that you can use the below cmdlet.

Get-ImcRackUnit | Set-ImcRackUnit -UsrLbl "Testing setting of User Label" -Force

If you want to set the Hostname for the Cisco IMC then you can use the below cmdlet.

Get-ImcMgmtIf | Set-ImcMgmtIf -Hostname "Test-Hostname" -Force

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Sumanth

Thanks. 

That is what I needed.   I am still confused why I need to pipe the "set" from a "get".  I guess that is how Cisco PowerTool works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card