cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recurring bug - Sub-Organization's Network control Policy used by a vNIC Template causes Warning

gurtej.deol
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this warning in ver 1.4, 2.0, 2.1 and now in 2.2. It is a cosmetic bug and some folks have resorted to creating the same NCP policy in the root org to clear this annoyance.

It would be nice if this can be fixed, though seeing that it has been around for a longtime I am not going to hold my breath.

6 Replies 6

gurtej.deol
Level 1
Level 1

Side note: This warning is raised only when the Target is set as "VM and Adapter"

If the Target is only "Adapter" then this warning is not raised.

I haven't tested this setup when the template type is Initial and the Target is set as VM and Adapter to see if the warning is still generated but I don't know why I would want the Target to be VM with an Initial template only ...

LAN > Policies > root > Sub-Organizations > named_org > Dynamic vNIC connection Policies is the place where the NCP is defined and assigned to the vNIC Templates at the same location

I'm a little confused.  You mentioned this was a vNIC template, but then below you mention a Dynamic vNIC Connection policy.   NCPs are assigned to vNIC Templates, not Dynamic Connection Policies...

Can you list exact steps to reproduce the fault mentioned above?  Then I can tell if you exactly if its a bug or expected.

Thanks,

Robert

Gaahhh ... sorry for the typo ... l was looking at a couple different things ... posted the incorrect section here and sent the incorrect section to a colleague via email :(:(

LAN > Policies > root > Sub-Organizations > named_org Network Control Policies is the location for the NCP

Inside the NCP, options for CDP, MAC register mode and Action on Uplink fail are set to disabled, only native Vlan and Link down

MAC security forge is set to allow

Ok, so NCP - under sub org (per above)

vNIC Template which reference the NCP above - created under sub org?

Service Profile which references the vNIC Templ above - created under sub org?

I'm looking for the exact steps you created everything so I can recreate the exact issue.  As I said, the way I do it, I don't get any faults.  Looking for detailed steps so we can determine if there's something different in your process from mine.

Robert

Yes that is correct Robert. Everything for the sub-org is created under the sub-org and used by the Service Profiles within that sub-org.

If we create the NCP at the root org level or another NCP with the exact same name at the root org level, then the warning disappears. From everything that we can see so far it looks like even though the policy is being read and applied from the sub-org level the logic in the code is looking to see if the named policy is present at the root org level from an alerting standpoint. 

Gurtej

Were you able to replicate the issue at your end robert?

Gurtej

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card