cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register with UCS Central: stuck at Register Fsm

marcel.balan
Level 1
Level 1

Deployed UCS Central 1.3(1b). Successfully registered one domain.

The registration of the 2nd domain got stuck. (see screen fsm_status.png)

Repair State: Done
Registration Status: Registering

FSM Status: In Progress
Current FSM Name: Register Fsm

descr="Register FSM Execute(FSM-STAGE:sam:dme:ExtpolEpRegisterFsm:Execute)"
 dn="extpol/fsm/stage-RegisterFsmExecute"
 lastUpdateTime="2015-07-28T23:38:04"
 name="RegisterFsmExecute"
 order="1"
 retry="13"

The 2nd domain shows up in UCS Central, but no info is available although the Inventory Status is OK. (see screen ucs_central_screen.png)
Tried a few times to "unregister from UCS Central" and Register again. Same result: the process gets stuck at "Register FSM"

6 Replies 6

Justin Welch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There are several reasons why registration to UCS Central can fail from a domain. I would first make sure you have your domain time sync'ed with an NTP server and then verify that the UCS domain and Central times match.

Next, make sure you are using the same shared secret password between the two.

If this doesn't help please let me know the firmware revision the domain is on as well as access to a UCSM tech support file.

Any firewall between UCSM and UCS Central ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/ucs-central/GUI-User-Guides/Operations/b_UCSC_Ops_Guide/b_UCSC_Ops_Guide_appendix_010110.html

Hi Walter,

No firewall between UCSM and UCS central. 

Thanks

Hi Nitiz

Are the UCS versions of the running resp. failing domain identical ? and if not, which UCSM version ?

Btw. did you try to reboot the UCS Central VM ?

Nitiz Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marcel,

Hope you are doing great. 

I am also trying to connect UCS central with my UCSM, but same error i am facing " Register FSM Execute(FSM-STAGE:sam:dme:ExtpolEpRegisterFsm:Execute)".

I have configured the NTP server as well as given the correct shared secret password, still it got stuck.

Did you get the resolution for the same? If yes can you please help me on the same. 

Your support and response will be highly appreciable.

Thanks and   Regards

NItiz Sharma

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please try to re-generate the default keyring in UCS Central as well as UCS Manager and see if this resolves the issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11601616/default-keyrings-certificate-invalid

HTH,

Wes

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card