cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing a port from a Fabric Portchannel

mdrudge
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully this is an easy question.  I tried to add a 10-gig link to a fabric portchannel between a 2208XP IOM and a 6248 FI, but found I had some layer 1 issues and had to back out.  I unplugged the connection and disabled the port, but am still getting a "Satellite-connection-absent" fault.  How can I remove the port from the portchannel, without causing traffic disruption?  Do I just delete the port from the portchannel using the LAN tab, or is there something I'm missing?  Note that the physical connection does not exist.  We are using 3.2.3d firmware.  Thanks for any ideas!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have physically removed the link, you will likely need to re-ack the IOM in order to clear the fault. This will cause traffic disruption on the A or B side only, depending on what side you connected. Just wait until you have a maintenance window to conduct the change.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have physically removed the link, you will likely need to re-ack the IOM in order to clear the fault. This will cause traffic disruption on the A or B side only, depending on what side you connected. Just wait until you have a maintenance window to conduct the change.

Wes, thanks so much for your response.  I finally got a maintenance window last weekend.  I deleted the port from the fabric portchannel, re-acknowledged the IOM, and the fault was gone.  Thanks again!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card