Views
Helpful
Replies

Rollback Cisco UCS server firmware

mehdi.youbi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an inquiry about the server ucs-c series, I am preparing an update for firmware BIOS and CIMC, and I want to add the odds if the update doesn't work, could you have a procedure for a rollback 

thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it is a standalone server, you can Boot to a previous HUU ISO for the firmware you are wanting to roll back to.

There is also a firmware mgmt tab in the IMC/CIMC mgmt GUI, where you can directly modify/activate the CIMC and BIOS.

Please keep in mind you want to update the CIMC first, or if downgrading/rolling back, you want to downgrade the BIOS first.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it is a standalone server, you can Boot to a previous HUU ISO for the firmware you are wanting to roll back to.

There is also a firmware mgmt tab in the IMC/CIMC mgmt GUI, where you can directly modify/activate the CIMC and BIOS.

Please keep in mind you want to update the CIMC first, or if downgrading/rolling back, you want to downgrade the BIOS first.

Kirk...

mehdi.youbi
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card