cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set P-SATA via Powertools?

khorn-lifespan
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to automate the creation of BIOS policies in our environment, I've been able to set everything via powertools with the exception of setting P-SATA to AHCI. Anyone know if among the dozens of Set-UcsBois commandlets there is a way to enable that token?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This might work if you can't locate a cmdlet:

$biosPolicy = Get-UcsBiosPolicy -Name briamorr_test
$biosPolicypSataAhciDn = $biosPolicy.Dn.ToString() + "/tokn-featr-PCH SATA Mode/tokn-param-pSATA/tokn-setng-AHCI"

$assign = @{
IsAssigned = "yes"
}

Get-UcsManagedObject -Dn $biosPolicypSataAhciDn | Set-UcsManagedObject -PropertyMap $assign

I don't see a corresponding Set cmdlet for Get-UcsBiosVfPCHSATAMode as well, I'll send some feedback to engineering.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This might work if you can't locate a cmdlet:

$biosPolicy = Get-UcsBiosPolicy -Name briamorr_test
$biosPolicypSataAhciDn = $biosPolicy.Dn.ToString() + "/tokn-featr-PCH SATA Mode/tokn-param-pSATA/tokn-setng-AHCI"

$assign = @{
IsAssigned = "yes"
}

Get-UcsManagedObject -Dn $biosPolicypSataAhciDn | Set-UcsManagedObject -PropertyMap $assign

I don't see a corresponding Set cmdlet for Get-UcsBiosVfPCHSATAMode as well, I'll send some feedback to engineering.

That worked!...thank you.

I also saw the Get-UcsBiosVfPCHSATAMode - might want to provide feedback on that one as well, it doesn't seem to return anything useful, like what the token is actually set to.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card