Views
Helpful
Replies

Some of the blades in the same chassy looses connectivity after sometime

ravindra_lak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Bit of a stupid question here. im experiencing very strange behaviour with some of my blades. I have 4 UCS b250 M2 blades. with 6248 FI's. I have configure 4 vNIC's on each blade and configure 2 of vNIC's for FI-A and other 2 for the FI-B. Once im done with the configuration all were fine. and i install ESXi on all 4 blades. But when i log in to the blade next day i notice i can not ping to 2 blade servers. From those blades i can ping to the other blades. but i cant ping to the gateway. then i rediscover those blades and then its started working fine.FI uplinks  are connected to 7600. very basic setup.

I have no clue from where i should begin my troubleshooting. Some guidence will be really apriciated.

1 Reply 1

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ravindra,

I would suggest you to start with a very few basic things:

1) while you have the issue of not reaching the DG from the blades, can you check if you can learn the vmk mac on the FI? Is it aging? can you see the same mac on the upstream 7600? when you check the mac on the FI, please make sure its being learned from the correct interface i.e. the veth number.

2) do you have failover enabled on the vnics created on the service profiles for the blades? If so, can you disable the failover and check for the behaviour? Note: this would need a blade to be rebooted.

3) are these 4 blades on the same chassis? how many links do you have between the chassis and the FI? do these two blades share a common link between the chassis and the FI?

4) how many uplinks do you have out of the FI to the 7600? is each FI getting uplinked to one switch or multiple?

./Abhinav

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card