cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

supported V3 xeons for B200 M4

grfxlab
Level 1
Level 1

I need a B200 M4 blade server for testing. I see many ebay listings with E5-2678 V3 xeons but do not find them listed anywhere as an official supported CPU. Does anyone know if they are supported or can provide a link to the CPU list other than what is listed in the data sheet?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

e5.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-b-series-blade-servers/b200m4-specsheet.pdf

It is supported.

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

AFROJ AHMAD, Thank you for the link. I had reviewed that manual and saw the table of V4 cpu supported but not V3. I have also looked at the V3 CPU listed in the capability catalog in UCS Manager but did not specifically find the E5-2678 V3. Listed are....E5-2650L V3, 2658 V3, 2660 V3, 2667 V3, 2670 V3, 2680 V3, 2683 V3, etc. Not the 2678. I was wondering if there was a different list or bios release notes that showed support for that CPU or others not listed in the info I was able to find. Just wondering if I am missing something like possible oem cpu sku that are supported. 

thanks again.

yes , specific model is not in the List :(

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card