Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 220 M3 FlexFlash Sync Fails

kevindscott
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two PNY 64GB SD cards installed in standalone servers (also tried with two 16GB cards), I am trying to get them to sync, but every time it fails.

I have upgraded the CIMC firmware to the lastest and using the latest SCU image to boot and try the sync, it goes well, after it starts it says estimated 235 minutes remaining.  Around 60 minutes remaining, it shows a failed message.

I have tried downgrading the firmware on the CIMC, running 1.5 now, same thing happens, same with the new and old versions of SCU..

Am I missing something?  Is there any other ways to run the sync process that might give a little more error details then just 'Failed'?  Can I run the sync from a Windows install?  Debian?  CentOS?

After the 3 hours, the second SD card still hasn't been touched..  Exact same data and partitions as when I begin..

Yes, I said servers, two different UCS 220 M3 servers doing the same thing with different cards.

Any suggestions to get the FlexFlash RAID working properly?

SCU.jpg

2 Replies 2

mojafri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

Are you using SD cards purchased from Cisco? FYI, C220 M3 only supports 16 & 32 GB cards. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/whitepaper-c11-734876.html#_Toc459341664

Can you share the picture of SD card? Take a reference of: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/ucs-c220-m3-flexflash-sd-card-removal-and-install/ta-p/3156757

Please rate if you find it helpful.

Regards,

MJ

No, these are not CIsco branded cards, they are 64GB PNY cards.

Everything is fine with them, except the sync function isn't working.  Even the SCU tool to install ESXi works great.  The 16GB cards I had before did the same thing, including the 235 minutes and failing at around 60.

So I will ask again, how do I get the sync/RAID function to work correctly, what am I missing?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card