Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ucs c 240 connectivity to netwrok

Dear expert

I have a UCS server C240 M3 and i want to connect the server to the network. As per the design the CIMC and the ESXI should be in VLAN 966 and other application should be in VLAN 945. I have configured the CIMC MGMT as dedicated and no VLAN ID assign in the server. In the ESXI i configure the VLAN 945. The issue i am facing is i can ping the ip address of the CIMC but the ESXI ip is not pingable. what is the configuration required to be done from the switch. Please advice.

One cable connected to the MGMT interface and 4 cables are connected for the application and ESXI

7 Replies 7

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Ok, look at this... you are NOT tagging the traffic of CIMC (which means that traffic goes through the native VLAN) while you are tagging the traffic of the mgmt ESXi... for this configuration to work, you need to configure the switch port as trunk and allow VLAN 945 and the native vlan to go through the trunk port.

Can you paste the switch port config here?

-Kenny

Dear Keny

thank you very much for your help. You mean i have to configure the 4 ports  in the server connected to the switch as trunk.

for example ports 1/0/22 to 1/0/25 

interface gig 1/0/22

switch port mode trunk

and allow all vlan

please advice 

Allow the VLANs that you will use... check Walter's detailed explanation...

HTH,

-Kenny

Thanks but as i know ucs c240 there is no service profile it is c series

If this is not integrated, then this is just a matter of not tagging the vlan in ESXi mgmt interface, OR tag the VLAN but allow it in the switchport... please paste the running config of the upstream switch port.

-Kenny

Did you get your problem figured out? further feedback will help future users with the same issue...

-Kenny

ESXi configuration of the mgt interface:

2 choices

1) in ESXi, no vlan defined, and in service profile, the appropriate vlan is marked native

2) in ESXi, vlan defined, and in service profile, the appropriate vlan is NOT the native one.

essentially what Kenny explained above !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card