Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C-Series Standalone P81E firmware

Hello everyone!

I need to upgrade firmware of p81e on a standalone c200 m2 server.

The latest firmware I can find is 2.1(1a)

However there is more recent versions in bundles for c-series managed by USC manager (like this: ucs-k9-bundle-c-series.2.2.2c.C.bin).

How can I get single firmware file from these bundles for my standalone server?

17 Replies 17

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

latest and recommended in 1.4.3x:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283860950&flowid=25801&softwareid=283850974&release=1.4%283x%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

it is an .sio image, mount it to the server using KVM and run it.

Let me know if you have doubts.

-Kenny

thank you Kenny!

I've already installed this firmware.

however the firmware version of P81E in this bundle is 2.1(1a)

according to vmware HCL it has to be at least 2.1(2a) for ESXi 5.5 U2

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=io&productid=19981&vcl=true

if it is true, then c200 m2 standalone is not compatible with newest versions of vsphere, with is unlikely as for me.

You need to check our HCL to see what is compatible, use this tool to confirm it:

http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/ucs/interoperability/matrix/matrix.html

Let me know if you have doubts, otherwise, please mark the question as answered for future users to see you found an answer for your question.

-Kenny

thatk you very much for helping me.

please take a look at the picture in attachment.

am doing it right? 

is there UCS release 1.5(6) whith firmware i need?

There is no 1.5x for the C200-M2, but look at the note at the bottom, you need 1.4.3x (at least).

Let me know if you have more questions.

-Kenny

I have already installed 1.4.3x, but the firmware of P81E network adapter is still 2.1(1a)

It is most recent firmware available for c200m2 standalone servers.

But there definitely exist more recent versions of P81E adapter firmware, and there is option to install adapter firmware from cimc. so the question is where can i get the adapter firmware.

Everything is in the HUU, run it again and just select the adapter.  For all I can see, there is no 2.1 adapter fw version for standalone servers... are you sure this server is not/was integrated with UCSM?

-Kenny

As far as I know it was never managed by UCSM.

Please take a look at screenshots. the upgrades were made only by huu.

Choose option 8 and then number 10 and paste those same screenshots here after that, please.

-Kenny

Done.

the inventory and main screen after reboot look the same as before upgrade.

thanks, that means that that is the version that comes with the HUU and therefore it is supported, do you have any other server showing a different version?

-Kenny

ok, does this mean I cannot get more recent fw for p81e on my c200 m2?

and what driver version is supported for this fw on esxi 5.5?

there is another c200 with 4.2, but I cannot reach CIMC on it now. I have to completely remove power for CIMC to reboot.

The driver version is something you can get from the tool that I shared with you at the beginning of the thread.

We do not have CIMC 4.2 for our rack mount servers, so I dont know if you were referring to a driver, OS or patch of something version.

-Kenny

I meant 1.4(2), sorry

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card