Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 M3S - RAID-controller

Aleksei1983
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!
On my server Cisco UCS C220 M3s error occurred, which led to the failure of multiple virtual machines on the virtualization server VMware: ping disappeared and there was no access for http and RDP. Part of the machines remained to work. In the attached file, this event refers to the time 22:05, 31 May 2016 The problem was solved reboot Cisco server at 4:34 May 2016.

On the server, set RAID-controller LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i. In support of Cisco read about the problems with this controller. The server is constantly at work, so restart the server often testing different solutions to resolve the issue is problematic.

Respectively please suggest the best solution in this case: 1) try to replace the battery and replace the firmware, or 2) order a new controller (which is better)?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

It is unlikely there is anything wrong with the BBU/Supercap.

You will want to open a TAC case and let them look at the raid controller logs to see if the raid controller has hardware/firmware issues triggering this.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hi.
I would open the case, but there is currently no service contract. That's looking for help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card