cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central DG Policy to modify local domain Admin PW?

jbatty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I've looked in the UCS Central user guide and best practice doc, but I can't find any reference to UCS Central being able to set/modify the local admin account within a UCS domain.  Is this possible?  If so, what policy should I be looking at?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jonathan,

The idea behind UCS Central is to enable and enforce global policies across domains.  Being able to configure local domain properties therefore runs counter to the goals/designs for UCS Central.    You would either have accounts/authentication managed globally (on a per domain-group basis), or you would opt-out and have these locally managed.

Hope this helps,

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Jonathan,

The idea behind UCS Central is to enable and enforce global policies across domains.  Being able to configure local domain properties therefore runs counter to the goals/designs for UCS Central.    You would either have accounts/authentication managed globally (on a per domain-group basis), or you would opt-out and have these locally managed.

Hope this helps,

-Jeff

It does Jeff.  Our thoughts were that we'd like to easily push changes to the domain's local admin password across multiple domains all at once.  Good to know we can't do that via Central.  We'll stop searching for it.

Thanks for the reply.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card