Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central errors and configuration issues

jimstehlik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I finally got several of my UCM's up to proper firmware to use UCS Central, but I am having a couple of issue.  WHen I try to lauch UCSM from Cetral, I get the error depicted in central.png stating can not access UCSM at 10.18.102.42 and the second thing I keep getting in my UCM warning logs is code F1211, UCS domain AHC-UCS3 registered with UCS Central has entered into the grace period.

Central looked good in all the demo's but in real life, it really does prove worthy of any usefulness, at the moment.  Sorry Brad.

Maybe when I get these things fixed, I might have a better viewpoint.

I look forward to getting these issues resolved.

Thanks,

Jim

6 Replies 6

hetalsoni
Level 1
Level 1

James

For UCS Grace period , you need to purchase license , which is free.

After the 120 day trial period, an initial license ("L-UCS-CTR-INI=") can be purchased that is good for 5 domains through the standard ordering process. The INI= license is $0,

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Hetal Soni

Hetal,

Thank you for the response.  We normally get our Cisco equipment from a 3rd party Vendor.  What is the standard ordering process of Cisco, and what would the part number be?

Thanks,

Jim

James,

Try below part number.

L-UCS-CTR-INI=

Thanks

jasonsha
Level 5
Level 5

James,

Regarding the certificate errors - there are steps covered in the UCS Central Best Practice Guide to help mitigate:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-35264

Hope this helps,

Jason

Jason and Hetal,

Thank you both.  I am working on fixing the license issue.  I am obtaining a PAK from TAC at the moment.

Now, I just need to know why I keep getting that other connection error and how to correct it.

Thank you both,

Jim

Jason,

Is there any thought to implement the same practice for Certificates in UCS Central as is currently being done within UCS Manager (i.e.: not using self signed certs and using certs from a CA)?

Also, I seem to be having privilege issues while using AD authentication.  I use the exact same setup that I am using for all of my UCS Managers but I only seem to obtain "Read-Only" privileges within UCS Central.  I don't understand where the difference lies between UCS Central and UCS Manager.  Hopefully you can shed some light on this issue.

Oh, I did get my license issue resolved.

Thank you,

Jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: