Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central Globalization of Local Service Profiles

I have been globalizing Local Service Profiles from different domains for the last month without any problems. It was usually taking about 15 minutes to go through the whole process.

Since this morning it is taking me about 2 hours to do the same. I have rebooted the server running UCS Central twice but it did not help.

I've tried different profiles from different domains and different locations but it is all the same.

The only errors I can see are:

[FSM:FAILED]: globalization local service profile(FSM:sam:dme:GlRequestGlobalize)

and

[FSM:STAGE:RETRY:]: Change UCSM local service profile to global and updated related objects(FSM-STAGE:sam:dme:GlRequestGlobalize:UpdateDomainMos)

I've tried researching on them with no luck.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

mojafri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sebastian,

What is the Central & UCSM version? 

The error message seen is very generic. And does not point out to any specific MO. You may wanna try to globalizing  a dummy service profile and check the sequence of events.

There are several blockers that prevent globalizing a service profile. 

Eg:

• The Cisco UCS Manager domain is not under any domain group. 

• When a local service profile is not in assigned state. 

• A local service profile is not in config-applied state. 

• A local service profile references storage profile policy. 

• A local service profile has vMedia defined inline. Cisco UCS Central does not support this configuration. etc etc

Reference for the requirement : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/ucs-central/GUI-User-Guides/Server-Mgmt/2-0/b_CiscoUCSCentral_ServerManagementGuide-2-0/b_CiscoUCSCentral_ServerManagementGuide-2-0_chapter_01000.html

Also, is the environment in HA? Do you have any rack-server in UCSM domain? 

Can you paste the outputs of the following commands?

(local-mgmt)# test database-integrity resource-mgr
(local-mgmt)#test database-integrity service-reg

Please rate if you find it helpful.

Regards,

MJ

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card