Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Hyper-V iSCSI Boot

osama-masfary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm in the process of setting up a HyperV iSCSI boot environment which consists of the following components:

FI6248UP
5108/2208XP 
FAS2240/ONTAP 8.1.3
B200M3/VIC1240/PortExpander

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the actual Windows installation phase. I'm able to establish the initial iSCSI initialization successfully (using 1 path for now) as you can see from below:

iscsi_boot_hyperv.png

However, I'm unable to view the LUN within the windows installation phase.I've uploaded the enic Cisco drivers under /Network/MLOM/enic6x64 as you can see for my VIC1240/PortExpander

load_Driver.pngdriver_loaded.png

Although I've installed the enic6x64, the next screen shown below suggests that Windows is still unable to view the NetApp LUN. Am I installing the wrong drivers for iSCSI boot or is there something fundamentally missing from this setup.

missing_lun.png

Kind Regards,
Osama Masfary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Boudewijn Plomp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Osama,

I am familiar with that issue. Run into the same thing.

You have to remove your driver CD-ROM (e.g. iSO), re-insert the Windows Setup DVD. Then hit 'Refresh'. only then your disks will be recognized. If that ain't work either and you use NetApp, make sure you have configured a LUN ID on your iGroup settings. But I think the DVD and refresh will probably work.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Boudewijn Plomp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Osama,

I am familiar with that issue. Run into the same thing.

You have to remove your driver CD-ROM (e.g. iSO), re-insert the Windows Setup DVD. Then hit 'Refresh'. only then your disks will be recognized. If that ain't work either and you use NetApp, make sure you have configured a LUN ID on your iGroup settings. But I think the DVD and refresh will probably work.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card