cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS MINI - How does the host package firmware work? Can i upgrade from 3.0 to 3.2 directly?

FedeSaraullo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! Well, i have always had a doubt regarding to upgrade the servers. If one server is turn-off and then assign a service-profile (with host package firmware in default) to it, will it upgrade before to work? Should i configure that police or check anything? 

Second question, i have to do an upgrade next days, is it possible to upgrade to 3.2 from 3.0 or 3.1?

I can´t find the information about it, i was thinking to do it with auto install. 

Thanks in advance!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you should ensure you maintenance policy is set for "User-Ack" that way nothing reboots without your approval.

Next, create a host firmware package for the new version or use default. If you use default, all service profiles that do not have a host firmware package defined will be updated. Yes, if you apply a service profile with a host firmware package to a blade, it will automagically upgrade the components.

You can go directly from 3.0 to 3.2. Please use auto-install.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you should ensure you maintenance policy is set for "User-Ack" that way nothing reboots without your approval.

Next, create a host firmware package for the new version or use default. If you use default, all service profiles that do not have a host firmware package defined will be updated. Yes, if you apply a service profile with a host firmware package to a blade, it will automagically upgrade the components.

You can go directly from 3.0 to 3.2. Please use auto-install.

Thanks Austin!! You have been very clear!

Regards!

A final question, haha, i was doing the configurations by CLI, but i didn´t find the way to configure a service profile template, is it possible by CLI?

Thanks! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card