cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS S3260 - Can't create VD from Raid Controller

jhodgson
Level 1
Level 1

Good day, I'm having an issue where the UCS S3260 will not allow me to create a VD from the Storage configuration on the CIMC 

I have tried assigning the Disks to the correct Zoning policy in multiple ways and every time I go to the Storage > Raid Controller > Controller Info, the documentation indicates there should be a "Create Virtual Drive from unused Physical Disks" this does not show up, instead I only see a single selection that shows "Clear Boot Drive" and its Greyed out. see image attached

Physical Drive info shows that I have 15 drives assigned to this Controller, but won't let me create a VD. 

The Controller I have is a Dual Pass through controller based on Broadcom 3316 ROC (SBMezz1) and I am logged in as admin. 

Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dual passthrough controllers = JBOD only.

Virtual drive/raid volumes don't exist for passthrough/HBA only type controllers.

You will need a raid controller for that.

Kirk..

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dual passthrough controllers = JBOD only.

Virtual drive/raid volumes don't exist for passthrough/HBA only type controllers.

You will need a raid controller for that.

Kirk..

Hi Kirk,

That makes sense, much appreciated! Now I need to figure out how to configure these drives into a logical drive. 

thanks for the help on clarifying this

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card