Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS s3260 power light is "Amber" and wont boot up

jhodgson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently installed a new UCS s3260 and after providing it with power the chassis won't boot up, it usually boots up and all lights go green but this time the power button on the front of the chassis is amber and all other lights do nothing, usually there is activity

the Server blade is installed in slot 1 and it has power and the light turns green, I can use the Dongle to connect a KVM to it and see that it loads into post and bios - but no further, as it has no resources as the drives are attached to the chassis, I can not access CIMC of the Chassis. not sure if I'm missing something or if anyone has any ideas

the system was working at another location 2 weeks ago - it was then moved and to this location and now I have this issue - thanks in advanced!

1 Reply 1

jhodgson
Level 1
Level 1

Update here:

I was able to get the Server to boot into the OS but I am having issue with accessing the CIMC through the web, I have tried to configure it from the F8 settings but I get an Error that reads "Error getting BIOS option please enter a valid IP address"

But I know the IPv4 is a valid IP address. so I am not sure what is wrong here. 

I also logged into the BIOS to check the health status of the PCIe devices and it sees the SIOC and that LOM1 and LOM2 are there and healthy.. but I can't seem to IP them...

thoughts?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card