Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM Import configuration

dreambull
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to backup a configuration(All configuration) from a UCSM 2.0 and import it to UCSM 2.1 ?

or do I have have to downgrade the firmware to 2.0 so that it will match the source and then import?

Jibby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jibby,

It will work across UCSM version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_0101001.html

--------- snip ---------------

All configuration

An XML file that includes all system and logical configuration settings. You can use the file generated from this backup to import these configuration settings to the original fabric interconnect or to a different fabric interconnect. You cannot use this file for a system restore. This file does not include passwords for locally authenticated users.

Import Configuration

You can import any configuration file that was exported from Cisco UCS Manager. The file does not need to have been exported from the same Cisco UCS Manager.

The import function is available for all configuration, system configuration, and logical configuration files.

-----------------------------

HTH

Padma

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jibby,

It will work across UCSM version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_0101001.html

--------- snip ---------------

All configuration

An XML file that includes all system and logical configuration settings. You can use the file generated from this backup to import these configuration settings to the original fabric interconnect or to a different fabric interconnect. You cannot use this file for a system restore. This file does not include passwords for locally authenticated users.

Import Configuration

You can import any configuration file that was exported from Cisco UCS Manager. The file does not need to have been exported from the same Cisco UCS Manager.

The import function is available for all configuration, system configuration, and logical configuration files.

-----------------------------

HTH

Padma

Thanks Padma for the reply. I had imported the configuration suiccessfully from a 2.0 UCSM to 2.1 UCSM

As soon as I initiate the import I was kicked out of the UCSM and my local password for admin was not working.

Then I tried login with the admin password of the UCSM where the config backup has done ( Source) and it worked.

Is that the way it suppose to be?

Jibby

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card